Followers

Tuesday 22 October 2019

The World of Reality.

Hi again Lovelies,

Hope you enjoyed the Sue Baker Presents show at 11am. today when she launched the stunning 'Dark Angel' collection.   Wow! such breathtaking samples!  absolutely  fabulous. and the good news was.....Sue would  be on Create & Craft later tonight from 7pm.-9pm.  instead of just one hour at 8pm  whoo hoo!    More time.....meant  more demonstrations !    Hope you were able to tune in at 7pm. for the whole 2 hours, a very inspiring 2 hours I would add lol!

I would like to share another of my card samples which was shown on the 11am. show today.   I decided to keep to black and white only for this card,  not adding any colour .   I used the fabulous zip die,  I just love this die and I thought to myself, what can I do with this,  other than having images emerging from the top of the zip!      I die cut 3 zips and just kept playing around with them and the following card just evolved lol!   Hope you  like it.   I have to admit,  steampunk is not my thing but having played around with this stunning collection, my thoughts have changed completely lol,    I  have really enjoyed this challenge.    This collection lends itself, not only to mixed media/canvas/MDF  work but cards too.     Once again, please bear with me...lots of photos....but not much reading involved  lol!!    O.K. let's get started shall we.....


   
Begin by cutting 4 strips from black card, approx half an inch wide and from these punch lots of small circles from it randomly, until you are happy with the results.   Glue one of these strips to each edge of a 7" x 7" white base card.

     
Using the zip die from the collection, die-cut 4 zips from black card.   Glue these


to the white base card connecting the tops and bottoms ( almost  Gothic in style).

       

 
Cut off any overhanging zip teeth.

 
Using a black inkpad, stamp the large bee 5 times, cut out and 3D (5 layers) using silicone glue.

 
 






                                       

Glue the bee to the centre of the base card.   Stamp the sentiment onto some spare white card using a black inkpad, trim and matt onto a slightly larger piece of black card.   Glue this to the bottom of the card, using sticky foam pads.

 
Colour a small piece of white card with the black Starlight paint.   From this,   die-cut  a small flower.   Glue this to the bottom of the black zips.

  
 
Add a small white circle to the flower centre (left- over after die-cutting a white zip.)

Stamp the smaller bee 18 times using black ink.

 
Cut out and 3D the bees using sticky foam tape, making each bee up to 3 layers.   (6 bees in total.)


 
Glue the 6 bees to the base card.

      
Phew lol!  that's this card finished.   Thanks for staying the course but there are so many elements to this card,  I wanted to show them all to you.   I do hope you feel inspired, like myself, to have a go at steampunk crafting.     Thank you for your comments and visits to my last blog post, much appreciated.
Take care of yourselves and I will be back again quite soon.   Please don't forget, there will be one more show tomorrow at 4pm.  (that is...if there is anything left to buy lol! ).   This collection has been very popular so far lol!   Bye for now.

                                                                  Love and rainbows,

                                                                   Hugs   Jennifer xx.












                                                              

3 comments:

  1. Didn't know about the changes so missed the extra shows. Your sample is fabulous. Love and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning I love the gorgeous design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally stunning card Jennifer, love the image and all it's elements, you are so creative and a great inspiration, Kate x

    ReplyDelete