Followers

Thursday 27 February 2020

My Japanese Fan, made using Sue Baker's 'Peace, 'Love' & 'Happiness' Collection.

Hi there Lovelies,

Time once again for me to share another of my card samples with you  I do hope all is well with you  whatever you are doing today.   Isn't the sunshine lovely!   So nice to see it, even if it is only for a minute or two at a time lol!   Just keep thinking....Spring is just around the corner lol!

Welcome to my newest follower, I hope you  enjoy your visits and maybe find a little inspiration from my makes.   If you have a blog too, please leave me a comment and I will reciprocate by visiting and commenting on your blog......can't have enough blogging friends!

O.K. here is today's card, this was made using Sue Baker's gorgeous 'Peace' 'Love' & 'Happiness' collection, such a lovely collection!  plus the fabulous Cadence products too.


Take a square of turquoise card, cut slightly smaller than the 7" x 7" white base card, and glue it to the base card.



 Lay the text from the stencil onto the right-hand side of the turquoise card.    Using  the Cadence  white gold paint stipple it through the design, using a stencil brush.   Remove the stencil and clean it.


 
Using decoupage glue, fix the sheet of rice paper onto an A4 piece of white card.   When dry, die cut 9 fan pieces, using the fan dies from the collection.   I only used 8 pieces, the ninth was a spare in case one got spoiled.


   
Take a piece of white card  and using the outside part of the die-set only, die-cut 8 of these.   Paint these with the Cadence dried rose paint.




  
Glue these to the back of each of the rice paper covered fan pieces, making sure the pink paint shows through the die-cuts.



Add some turquoise Pearl Drops to each fan piece and leave to dry.

 

Glue each fan piece in position using silicone glue onto the base card.   Glue the turquoise gemstones to the top of each fan piece and the smaller gems to the bottom.


(When I die-cut the fan pieces from the rice paper coloured card, I numbered each one on the back, so the colours and design would follow through).   I added the blue gems to the pink fan pieces and the pink gems to the blue fan pieces, making them stand out more.
 

 
Glue a tassel to the base of the fan.


Colour some white card  with the Cadence Dried Rose and another with the Mediterranean Sky paints,   from these cut out and roll  4 pink and 4 blue roses, ( or you could use a small rose die by Sizziz,  as I did).    Glue the blue roses to the pink fan pieces and the pink to the blue fan pieces.


Apologies for the above photo as the light was not good, so used my daylight bulb and the pink paint looks almost gold lol!


Well that's this card finished.      I have to say, it did take quite some time but I feel it was well worth it to see the end result, I do hope you think so  too.




Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my last blog.    Hope you have enjoyed your  visit today.   Have a wonderful weekend and I will see you again quite soon.

                                                             Love and rainbows,

                                                              Hugs   Jennifer xx.

 

  







  

  
 

3 comments:

  1. Stunning card Jennifer, love the design. I did enjoy this collection too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh Jennifer, what a truly stunning card, the fan is an amazing creation and so beautifully put together, so much detailed work on it and I absolutely love the Chinese script in the background, the whole creation is gorgeous.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend, we are having another quiet one...the best kind, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings Jennifer, my gosh you have created a stunning design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete