Followers

Thursday 12 December 2013

Snowy Mountain Sunset

Hi All,

An early post from me today for a change.   Once our beautiful Grandson arrives home from school  the peace and quiet  is in short supply lol   but we don't mind that in fact we love it!   so I thought I'd get it done early today.   This card I made for Sue and Harvey of Imagination Crafts in October 2010 and as you have probably  noticed from my previous cards,  I just adore cards with deer on, so having said that,  here's another one !   

  
Make a white card  landscape style and onto this matt a piece of black card, leaving a border of white showing.   Next take a piece of white card and trim to size, just smaller than the black card,   colour it with the Inkadinks and some cut n' dry foam.   When dry, ink up the roller stamp with black ink and roll across the centre of the coloured card.   Punch out a 1" circle from each corner and matt this onto the black card. 

Colour a small piece of white card to look like a sunset ie.,  Ochre, Coco and Cherry Pie Inkadinks.   Take one of the punched out circles and add some Cherry Pink Inkadink to it.   Tear three pieces of white card to look like snowy mountains/hills and fix to the bottom of the card you have just coloured and set the setting sun down behind the mountains. 

Next using black card, stamp the 'Snow on Snow' stamp onto it using a Versamark pad and heat emboss using white powder.   Cut out the centre picture with a craft knife, leaving the border only.   Fix the border over the snowy mountains using sticky foam pads.

 
Stamp the deer using black ink onto some white card slightly coloured with the same inks that you used for the sky.   Cut out the stag only and fix him to the snowy scene, leaving a little sky colour around hs ears and antlers.

Punch out one large snowflake and seven small ones and fix to the card front.   Add adhesive topaz gemstones to the centres of the top left and bottom right snowflakes.    Lastly fix the snowy scene with the border to the card front.    Well thats another card  finished.   Hope you've been inspired by my card and give it a go! you still have time before Christmas.    Until my next post, be good and above all, be happy !
I'll be back soon with another card, hope you will be too and if you would like to leave me a comment, I would be delighted.

                                                           Big Hugs     Jennifer   xx


6 comments:

  1. this is just stunning Jennifer - I love that deer too - love to see him on cards - fabulous make. Hope your grandson didn't wear you out too much x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel, thanks for your lovely comment. No he didn't thanks but he chatters non stop and is always hungry lol. He is very excited about Christmas and all that goes with it. His Mum is at work tomorrow so I get to go to the school Christmas fair which is great. Then of course there's the party and the Nativity, never a dull moment lol. I just love it! I get to do it all a second time around, except I'm much older this time lol !! Hugs Jennifer xx

      Delete
  2. Another gorgeous creation Jennifer, I love the scene you created.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Linda, thank you so much for your nice comment. Hugs Jennifer xx

      Delete
  3. A gorgeous card Jennifer. Love how you have created the little scene with the door and the frame around it.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mags, thanks again for your nice comment. I do appreciate it. Hugs Jennifer xx

      Delete