Followers

Thursday 9 April 2015

Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend.

Hello there Followers, Friends and Visitors,  

Thank you to those of you who have visited my blog and left me some lovely comments,   I do appreciate your visits  and I do read each and every one.    Tonight I have an MDF wall plaque to share with you, which I made for Sue and Harvey of Imagination Crafts in October 2014 and was made for a Create & Craft TV show at that time.

I painted the back with Agean Chalkie.   The inside of the back board was painted with citrus Chalkie, then coloured Agean and cornflower, using some bubblewrap. 

   
The frame for the front of the wall plaque was painted with citrus Chalkie, in the same way as the inside of the back board and again was coloured with the Chalkies using the bubblewrap.

Lay the poinsettia stencil on top of the inside of the backing board and spread the Jade and Claret Sparkle Mediums over the stencil, using the metal spatula.   Leave image to dry.  

    
Clean the stencil then lay on top of the front frame and once again, spread both of the Sparkle Mediums over the design,   Remove the stencil and leave to dry.

   
Make a ribbon loop and glue to the top inside of the back board.   Glue the front frame to the back board using a strong glue.   

Glue two pieces of diamond mesh to the centre top and bottom.

  
Lastly, add a ribbon bow to the bottom right of the central aperture.

Well, that's all from me for now.   I will be back again in three days time.   Have a great weekend everyone.
Whilst sitting here writing my blog, Hubby said, "there is something quite large flying around,"  when I looked up from my computer, a bat flew very close to the top of my head!!  and kept flying around our living room at high speed !   We closed the door into the living room and opened the front door and fortunately it decided to leave lol!!!     I cannot understand how it got in, as the windows have all been shut since before dark !   This isn't the first time we've had bats in the house lol,   we did have one in our bedroom whilst we were in bed ha  ha!    See you all again soon,   I do hope you will pop back again.

                                                                Love and Rainbows,

                                                                  Hugs   Jennifer xx.






10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous,fab design Love it.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty plaque,love the colours and bling x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Jane, many thanks for your lovely comment.
      Hugs Jennifer xx

      Delete
  3. gorgeous piece of art jennifer. your bat story made me chuckle. hope you don't have another one tonight xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Rachel. Windows have been tight shut all day lol!! just in case! Have a lovely weekend Hun.
      Hugs Jennifer xx

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful and oh my I agree about Diamonds being a girls best friend. I hope Mr Batty doesn't visit you again tonight LOL.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, many thanks for your nice comment, hope your new job is going well. Mr Batty couldn't get in today as windows tight shut lol!!
      Hugs Jennifer xx

      Delete
  5. Love your wall hanging Jennifer! Such beautiful colours & I love the sparkle & bling too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very kind Dawn, thank you. So glad you like it. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete