Good evening Followers, Friends and Visitors,
It is now nearly the weekend and I hope you are all looking forward to it and that you have something great planned, or you just plan to have a quiet, relaxing weekend, either way, have a good one.
Tonight I would like to share one of my canvases which was made for Sue & Harvey of Imagination Crafts, for their shows on the Hochanda T.V. Channel last month. Sitting staring at an 8"x10" blank canvas is slightly daunting lol! but once you put paint to canvas, ideas just seem to flow. I do hope you give this a try, as they really are fun to do.
( 1) Paint the blank canvas with white Gesso and the Baltic Blue MDF paint, to resemble sky.
(2) Die-cut a circle and paint with the Silver Gold Starlight paint, then glue to the top right corner.
(3) Next apply some white Gesso, using a metal spatula and leave rough for the tops of the waves.
(4) Paint the sea with the Agean Starlight paint, leaving some of the white Gesso showing to look like the tops of the waves.
( 5) Using the rice paper, cut out the lighthouse and the large and small yachts, then using the Imagination Craft's special Decoupage glue, glue them to the canvas.
( 6) Cut out and glue the seagulls near the sun, again using the decoupage glue.
(7 ) Using a black ink pad, stamp 'Fun in the Sun' and 'Wish you were here' onto the sky area.
( 8) Using a piece of white card and a black ink pad, stamp the Mother and child, anchor, beach hut,
deckchair and the bather onto it and colour with Promarker pens. Cut them out and put them to one
side for the moment. These stamps came free with a craft magazine, sorry cannot remember which
( 9) Glue some vermicullite to the bottom of the canvas to resemble the sand on the beach. Colour this
with a thin layer of the silver gold Starlight paint. (Or you could use some sandpaper instead.)
(10) When this is dry, glue the stamped, coloured images in position on the canvas, using silicone glue.
(11) I made the door on the beach hut open but if you do this, you must make a back to the hut, so when
the door is open, you do not see the sea through the door!! Glue the anchor on the edge of the
Well that's my canvas finished, hope it may have made you smile a little, despite this dull weather we are having at the moment. Enjoy your weekend and I will be back soon with another creation. In the meantime, I will be busy getting some samples ready for the next ODS shows, later this month, then more samples for the show after that lol! when there will be some great new products, can't tell you yet though ! but watch this space lol!!
Love and rainbows,
Crafty Hugs Jennifer xx.