Followers

Monday 9 January 2017

Golden Birds.

Hi there Folks,

Just a quick post from me tonight as it is already getting rather late and I also have some commenting to do, plus adding this to my Pinterest page.

My card tonight was made for the recent Imagination Craft's shows on the Hochanda T.V. Channel yesterday.   I don't think this card received an airing, so I thought I would show you now.   One of the A5 embossing folders I was asked to use was the birds on a branch.   At first I wasn't sure just what I was going to do with it, other than embossing it,  then I had a light bulb moment and the decision was made.   I have also used one of Imagination's Art stamps - fantasy script, gold  and black shiny card.

   
Begin with a 7" square white base card and onto this, matt a piece of black shiny card, leaving a half inch border of the white showing.   Next, matt a smaller square of the gold shiny card onto the black, leaving a small border of the black showing.

Take a smaller square of white card and repeat stamp the 'Script' stamp over it, using a black ink pad.   This stamp has been designed so you can match up the script when covering a large piece of card.   Matt this onto the gold card.

    
Take a piece of matt black card and put it into the birds embossing folder and emboss.   Take out of the folder and fussy cut around the birds,  branch and leaves.   Glue this across the base card, using Magi-bond glue, adding a little silicone glue under a few of the leaves, just to raise them up a little.

    
Emboss a piece of gold shiny card, using the embossing folder and cut out the birds only, cutting them slightly smaller around the edges, than the black birds, which will leave a tiny border of black showing, this will help the birds stand out more.

   
Glue the gold birds onto the black birds.   Glue tiny black dots to the birds eyes.

    
Glue a gold ribbon bow to the centre top of the base card.

   
That's all for now Folks, thanks so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my blog, I really do appreciate each and everyone of you.   Please pop back soon as I will be sharing another creation very soon.

                                                              Love and  Rainbows,

                                                                 Hugs   Jennifer xx.

                                                



  


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Jennifer. You are such an inspiration to many of us. Love your work and love Imagination too. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so....much Rita for your very kind words, I really appreciate them. I'm so pleased you find some inspiration from my creations. I love working with Imagination products, can't wait to see what my next challenge will be each time, and Sue & Harvey are great people to work with.
      Love & Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous,love the design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. |Hi there Doreen, thank you very much, pleased you like it.
      Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete
  3. That is gorgeous I love the new embossing folder. Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth, many thanks for your nice comment. This is a very pretty embossing folder, rather elegant I think.
      Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card and love the background and design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Linda, thanks a lot, pleased you like it.
      Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete
  5. Hello Jennifer, I thought your card was wonderful when seen on the show, and looks even more so close up. Beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much for your nice comment Kate, much appreciated.
      Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete