Today I would like to share my elephant MDF Box which was shown on Hochanda and which our lovely Sue demonstrated on last night's show at 7pm. This was a really enjoyable project and I chose the colours I did as they came to mind immediately I clapped eyes on this stunning elephant and baby stencil! just how beautiful is this stencil ! I adore it. Well let's get started on this project.
(1) Paint the MDF box with chalk white MDF paint, inside and out. This is probably not necessary but I prefer to do this as I think this helps to show the true colour of the Starlight paints.
(2) Next paint it with the three colours of Starlight paint, using a brush or a brayer if you have one.
(4) Lay the stencil on top of the lid and spread the soot Rusty Patina through the stencil design, using a metal spatula. Remove the stencil and leave the image to dry.
(5) Using the stencil again, spread the Rusty Patina over the baby elephant. Repeat this again, until you have two baby elephants on each of the four sides of the box. You will have to wait until each side is dry, before starting the next, as you may catch and spoil the elephants whilst still wet. - I know this from personal experience lol!! best to be patient lol!
(6) When all the babies are dry, rub the Apple green, White gold & Antique pink Starlight waxes over the top surface of the elephants gently and lightly with your finger.
(7) Using an emery board or similar, 'rough up' the surface of the box, so the box looks old, especially over the stamped borders.
Well, there we have it, I really enjoyed decorating this box and I hope you get as much pleasure from seeing it, as I did making it. Have a good weekend and I will be back soon with another card to share with you.
Love and rainbows,
Hugs Jennifer xx.