Followers

Thursday 30 March 2023

'Lucky Black Cats.'

Hi there Lovelies,   hoping everyone is well and looking forward to all that the Spring  brings us, beautiful flowers, birds singing in the trees and hopefully some sunshine.

Today I have a card I made in January 2016 using  products from my craft stash.   I used two stencils - 'Three cats' and  - 'Mosaic,'  some finger waxes,   some black stars Sparkle medium as it was known then and an EK Success  Corner Punch, plus a small paw print punch.   


I used a ready made  8"x8" white scalloped edged card as a base card on which to work.    Take a piece of white card and lay the mosaic background stencil onto it and using a piece of cut n' dry foam, rub the French Lavender, Inca Gold, Peridot & Pink Tulip finger waxes through the stencil design.   Remove the stencil.   Sorry I was so engrossed in my work, I forgot to take stage photos lol!  what am I like ? ---no don't answer that lol !   I think I already know lol!

Cut a larger piece of black card, just over six and a half inches square and using the corner punch, punch all four corners.   Fit the stenciled card into the corner slots of the black card.   Cut a strip of black card and glue across the stenciled card, just below halfway.

Using some white card lay the' three cats' stencil onto it, securing it to your  work top, using low tack tape and spread the black stars Sparkle Medium across the stencil with a metal spatula.   Remove the stencil and leave the images to dry.

Cut out some circles from coloured card, cut each circle in half and glue onto some half black circles.   Glue these onto the back of the black square, (colours facing up over). then glue that to the white base card.

Punch out 4 paw prints and glue one set in each corner of the base card.   Cut out the 3 cats, leaving a small border of white card around them.   Fix the cats onto the base card using silicone glue or sticky foam pads as if they are sitting on a seat.   All that remains to be done is to add a small pink bow to the centre cat and some silver beads to the back of the neck of each cat and the card is finished.

Below are a few close up photos.   Once again sorry for'  no stage photos'.






Thanks for stopping by my blog, hope you have enjoyed your visit.   I will try and not make it so long before my next blog post.   In the meanwhile, take good care of yourselves and happy crafting if you are a crafter.

                                                                    Love and rainbows,

                                                                    Hugs   Jennifer xx.

1 comment:

  1. Awww Love this Jennifer xXx My niece would also love this she is a crazy cat lady too like me xXx

    ReplyDelete