Followers

Monday 4 November 2013

Christmas Roses

Good evening all ,

I'm a little earlier with my blog tonight,  well it's quite late now but at least it isn't midnight as usual lols!!!  Hope you are all having a good week.   I have been doing some Christmas shopping today, bought a couple of presents, some cards and some wrapping paper.  I don't like leaving my shopping until the last minute like  some people do !!   some find that quite exciting but I would find that stressful lol !!.    Well enough chit chat for now.   I would like to share a Christmas card with you tonight, which  I made  using an Imagination Craft's decoupage stamp  in July of last year   hope you like it.

Make a base card from red card.   Take some white card slightly smaller than the red and stamp the mistletoe spray, from the stamp set, around all four edges of the white card, using the Versamark pad and heat emboss using the green embossing powder.   Matt this onto the red card.

      
Matt a piece of green shiny card, slightly smaller than the white and matt onto the white card.   Using the Spellbinder's Grand Labels One and a die cutting machine, cut out the shape from white shiny card (the reverse of a piece of green shiny card)  and emboss using the Swirls Embossable.   Rub the Versamark over the embossed card and brush with mica powder, then with a green inkpad.   Matt this onto the  green shiny card.

Take some white card and stamp the main flower image a total of six times, using the Versamark pad and heat emboss using the green embossing powder.   Colour with the mica powders, brush and water.   Cut out and 3D, using silicone glue.   Cut out around the swirls of the main image.

Using white shiny card, cut out and emboss the X Cut Ornate Frame Die using a die cutting machine.   Matt this onto some green shiny card and then matt this onto the white embossed swirl card.   Fix the main 3D image onto the white die cut using sticky foam pads.

Lastly, add a red ribbon bow to the top left of the base card and add four gold peel-offs to the points of the main die cut.   Phew !!!  that's it folks, hope my card has inspired you to get out those stamps and get making some Christmas cards lols.

Take care of yourselves until I return with another card.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and I do love to read your comments,   I will try to answer them all.

                                                               Love and rainbows,

                                                                Hugs   Jennifer xx


6 comments:

  1. A stunning card as always Jennifer. Love the colours and the gorgeous design. Finally managed to get round your blog to do comments. Sorry but I always seem to be playing catch up. I think it is because I now use Bloglovin to view new posts from people I follow. I think a lot of people use Bloglovin now as well as google followers. Maybe you could consider adding a Bloglovin follow badge to your blog. You may get more followers this way too.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mags, thank you for your nice comment and your advice about Bloglovin, I know nothing about it or what it expects of me but it sounds interesting. It would be nice to have more followers lol. Hugs Jennifer xx

      Delete
  2. such a stunning card Jennifer - the colours are a great choice and that stamp is a beauty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel thank you very much. I do so agree with you about the stamp. I don't think there are any of Imagination Craft's stamps that I dislike !!! lols. Hugs Jennifer xx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous card Jennifer, I do love the beautiful roses and the background you have created.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Linda, thank you for your nice comment, pleased you like it and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog, as I know you are very busy . Hope fluff is behaving herself lols !! Hugs Jennifer xxx

      Delete