Followers

Sunday 5 November 2017

A Colourful Happy Birthday.

Hello Followers Friends and Visitors,

Once again thank you for your lovely comments and visits on my last blog post.   Tonight I have something just a little different for you.   When I was out shopping a few weeks ago, I saw some   wooden stamps which I really liked.   The good thing about these were, they were a special offer at Hobbycraft......buy two and get the third free!  no matter  whether the third stamp was small, or another large one....so I chose the three large ones I really liked, these should have cost me £24 but I paid £16 a bargain I thought for such large stamps.   My card tonight is made using one of these stamps.

     
Trim a quarter inch from one long side of a piece of white A4  linen card, then fold in half portrait style, making an 8" x 6" card.



Take some spare white card and stamp the design onto it, using a Versamark pad, then heat emboss with gold embossing powder.


     
Colour the design with fine liner coloured pens, I used a set of Staedtler pens which I purchased from a well known supermarket.

        
Trim this to size and matt it onto a slightly larger piece of dark green card and then onto  a slightly
larger piece of lighter green card, then matt this onto the white base card.

  

       
 



    
Stamp Happy Birthday onto a piece of the dark green card, using a Versamark pad, then heat emboss with gold embossing powder.   Trim this to size and glue to the bottom of the base card, just below the image.

   

The photograph above shows up the gold embossing nicely, which I think makes the colours 'pop.'
 
Make an insert just slightly smaller than the base card, from pale yellow paper and stamp the sentiment - 'Hope you're birthday is as special as you are,' onto the inset using a black ink pad.   Secure the insert to the inside of the card with double sided sticky tape.

Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog.    See you all again very soon.

                                                                 Love and rainbows,

                                                                Hugs   Jennifer xx.






.

6 comments:

  1. Wow lovely bright colours. Fab work x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Jennifer, lovely bright colours and design, a super bargain, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, so glad you like it, thanks a lot.
      Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete