Followers

Tuesday 6 March 2018

Amaryllis.

Hello Everyone,

Hope you are enjoying your evening.   We still cannot get out of our driveway yet because of the snow.   We are hoping we will be able to tomorrow if it continues to thaw lol!   I keep telling myself that Spring is just around the corner lol.   Thank you all for your lovely comments and visits.   I do try to visit your blogs too, as I love to see your projects.

My card tonight was made using a stamp set I purchased recently.   I saw this stamp on a past visit to the craft shop,  saw a few stamps I liked but decided not to buy this one, as I had spent enough on craft goodies,  but on the way home, wished I had!!    so when it was still on the shelf this time, I just had to have it.   It is I think an Amaryllis plant and is a Woodware stamp.

   
Ok let's get started shall we, enough of my chit chat lol!    Make a base card five & three quarter inches square, from white linen card.    Next take a slightly smaller piece of white linen card and stamp the Amaryllis onto it, using a black ink pad.   Stamp the flower again onto a spare piece of white paper and cut it out, this will be your mask.

Hold the mask on the original stamped image  and colour the rest of the card with the Dried marigold and Ripe persimmon distress inks. (don't worry if the inks end up on the mask).  

Holding the mask in position still, lay the falling leaves panel stencil over the left-hand side of the  card (on top of the mask)  and using a piece of cut 'n' dry foam, dab some Versamark  through the design.   Remove the stencil and the mask, then heat emboss the leaves with gold embossing powder.

   
Stamp the sentiment in the bottom right hand corner using a black ink pad.

 

Cut a semi circle from each corner of this coloured card and glue this to the base card.   Add some small black dots around the semi circle, using a black pen.   Punch four corners from a small piece of card, coloured with the same  distress inks.   Use this punched square for another project, as we are going to use the left-over pieces!   (waste not want not lol! ).     Glue the left-over pieces in each corner of the base card.   Punch out 8 small black circles (or left-over circles after die-cutting shapes for other projects.)     Glue two to each corner.

     
Stamp the Amaryllis a further four times onto white card, using a black ink pad.   Cut out and 3D onto the original stamped image using silicone glue.

   
Add some small dots of Imagination Craft's Silver gold Starlight paint onto the flower stamen.



 Hope you like this card, when I began, I wasn't at all sure just what I was going to do with this stamp but I'm quite pleased with the way it has turned out in the end.   When I had stamped the flower and leaves, I then decided to punch each corner with a Woodware flower corner punch but the first punch was not good!   I couldn't waste what I had already done, so hence the semi-circle corners lol!   It just goes to show, we can all make mistakes and there is usually a way to cover it up or change the design slightly as I have done here lol!    Ah well, all's well that ends well lol!

Enjoy the rest of your week and I will be back again soon, hope you will too.

                                                                 Love and rainbows,

                                                                  Hugs    Jennifer xx.








 


3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Jennifer, love the background colour which makes the amaryllis really "pop".
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Jennifer, I love the amaryllis it's amazing and the background and design is wonderful, Kate x

    ReplyDelete