Followers

Wednesday 19 December 2018

You're a Star, Happy Birthday.

Good afternoon All,

Hope this finds you all well.   How are your Festive plans coming along,  My cards are all in the post,  decorations up and  my presents all wrapped up I'm pleased to say,  just last minute food shopping to do!   phew!

Thank you so much for visiting my last post and leaving such lovely comments, as you know, I appreciate each and every one.    I love to share my projects with you all and it is so nice to receive some feedback.   Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.   O.k. this afternoon I have a card to share with you which I made in November this year.   A few posts back, I posted a card made with a Sugar Nellie stamp of a little girl, well here is her  little brother lol!    made with another stamp from a few years ago, again a Sugar Nellie stamp.     I just love these cute images...this one reminds me so much of our dear grandson when he was very young, he had a hat just like this one lol!   so cute!

  
Make a square base card from white cardstock.   Onto this, matt a smaller square of red card.   Take a smaller square of white card and glue some patterned papers onto it,  I used We R Memory Keepers papers which, if I remember correctly,  were given free with a craft magazine some time  ago and just seemed to be perfect for this image.   Matt and layer this onto the base card.

Glue some pieces of  patterned paper onto two strips of white card, trim and glue one to the left side and the other to the right side of the card.

 
Die-cut an oval from some white card and cut out an oval shape from  the yellow patterned paper, I drew around the inside of the oval die and I then cut it out and glued it to the centre of the white die-cut oval.

Stamp the boy twice onto a piece of white card, colour him with the Marvy le Plume  watercolour pens, cut them out and then 3D them onto the oval, using silicone glue or sticky foam pads.

   
Stamp 'You're a Star' and 'Happy Birthday' onto white card using a black inkpad.   Trim and glue to the base card.



Colour a small punched heart with some deep red paint adding a couple of touches of Bright Gold Starlight paint and glue onto the base card.


  Glue a gold star onto the top right strip.

Die-cut three different sized buttons, using the Marianne Design button dies from red card.   Thread some twine through the button holes and tie into bows.

  
Glue these down the top left-hand side of the card, using silicone glue.

    
Well, that's all from me for the moment my friends, hope you like him.   Take good care of yourselves, until next time.    Hope to be back soon.
   
                                                                Love and rainbows,

                                                         Big crafty Hugs   Jennifer xx.





5 comments:

  1. Wonderful patchwork background and super cute little boy Jennifer.
    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so beautiful Jennifer, she is just so pretty and what marvellous colouring, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has to be one of my favourite cards that you've done Jennifer, I love the patchwork and the colours, well everything lol. Merry Christmas Jennifer and may 2019 be happy and healthy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Jennifer, love the patchwork background and sweet image.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Diane, love the different papers in the background. They set off the image perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete