Followers

Sunday 11 October 2020

'Day Dreaming in Paris.'

Hello everyone,

Hope you have all enjoyed your weekend.   Thank you once again for your comments and visits on my last blog post.     As it is a while since I last blogged, I thought I would share a card I made, using the 'Voila' collection from Imagination Crafts.   This was made after the show on Create & Craft so was not seen during the show.   I just love this image and had to make another card using it.   

I am now working on another fabulous collection and I am so enjoying using it.     So many great images and dies, just couldn't make my mind up just  what to use first lol!   Fabulous rice papers, and stencils too.      I cannot tell you more as my lips are sealed for the moment but I think you will love this collection too, it certainly makes me happy whilst working with it.   I will let you know about it and the date and time of the programme, as soon as I can.

 

Take  a piece of black card seven and a quarter inches by six inches and matt  and layer a piece of pink pearl centura card onto the black, leaving a small border of the black showing.


Matt and layer this onto an eight inch square ivory base card, across the centre, leaving the narrowest borders at the left and right -hand sides .


Cut a piece of black card six inches by seven and a half inches and matt this onto the pink card, portrait style.   Sorry I forgot to take a photo at this stage.

Draw and cut out a heart seven high by approximately five and a half inches at the widest part, from white card.   Colour the heart using the Tattered Rose, Shaded Lilac and Stormy Sky Distress Inks, using a blending tool.


Add some Black Soot Distress ink around the outer edges of the heart.   Using the A4 stencil, lay the brickwork from the bridge onto it and using some cut n' dry foam and the Hickory Smoke and Black Soot, add a stone wall for the girl and her pet dog to sit on.


Lay the stencil back onto the heart and using the Tattered Rose D.I.  and some cut n' dry foam, rub the ink through the design, adding some raindrops to the scene,  using the stencil.





Take some spare black card and using the Encore silver pigment pad, stamp the girl and her dog onto it, then heat emboss with silver embossing powder.   Cut the image out leaving a tiny black border around the embossing (if you don't do this, the embossing may chip away.  


Glue the girl and her dog to the base of the heart, as though they are sitting on the wall.



The last thing to do is to die-cut the ivy leaves from black card, using the die from Imagination Craft's  beautiful 'Secret Garden' Collection.   Cut a total of four.


Cover all four of the ivy leaf die-cuts with the silver pigment pad, add some silver embossing powder.   Remove the excess powder and then heat with a heat gun.


 Glue one in each corner of the black card and glue a silver ribbon bow to the left-hand side of the card and the card is finished.   Hope you like it.


Below are a couple of photos taken at an angle to show how the silver embossing shines when the light catches it.



 Well that's me for tonight, I do hope you like my card as much as I did whilst making it.   Please take care and stay safe my lovelies, until next time.   Hopefully I will be back again soon, time permitting lol!

                                                                  Love and rainbows,  

                                                                  Hugs   Jennifer xx.                                                                                                                                                           

 






                                                                                                                                                                       


4 comments:

  1. Your card is so gorgeous, love the design. Hope you are well xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Jennifer, I love the colour palette, and the fabulous stencil work in the background, gorgeous image of the girl and her dog, so very creative, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jennifer, I do love this collection. LOL I love them all ;)
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely design and love the black and silver colors.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete