Followers

Sunday 27 December 2020

'Pansy Balcony.'

Good afternoon Lovelies,

Hope all is well with you and you have had a good Christmas whatever you had arranged, despite the restrictions, which were necessary to keep everyone safe and well.    We had a quiet one, like most people I suspect but a good one nevertheless.   

Thank you all for your comments and visits to my last blog post, they are very much appreciated.

Today I would like to share a  card I made for the Imagination Craft's shows on the Create & Craft T.V. Channel on the 10th. December 2020.   I have used 2 sheets of the same design rice paper from Imagination's USB.   Vol. 3,   Cadence Decoupage glue and Imagination Craft's Diamond Blue Sparkle & Twinkle.

 

Cut out the chosen design from the sheet of rice paper and cover a 7" square piece of white card, using the Cadence Decoupage Glue and a brush. and leave to dry.


From the second sheet of the same design rice paper, cut out the same section and as previously, fix this to another piece of white card using the decoupage glue.

When this is dry, trim away a portion down the right-hand side of this second sheet, so it corresponds with the first design.

Trim away any spare white card.   Next trim around the pansies, the arches and the balcony rails, this does take a little time but I think very worth while,  discarding the background text.   


As you can see by the above photo, I accidentally tore a small piece of the rice paper on the right of the design.....oh no!  having carefully done all the cutting....I couldn't begin all over again....besides I didn't have the time before my samples had to be in the post!!!!  ........O.K. let me think....what can I do to correct this mistake?.......I know, I could cut out one of the pansies which was left on the piece I trimmed from the second image.......phew!   will it work I wonder?......well much to my amazement, it worked!    I cut the pansy out and fixed it to the torn part of the card, using silicone glue.  ( By trimming around the arches etc.,  will make the design stand out more when 3D onto the original image).





Next I spread some Diamond Blue Sparkle & Twinkle onto the pansies, using my finger but you could use a piece of cut 'n' dry foam, if you prefer not to use your finger.




Matt and layer the first image with the text background onto a slightly larger piece of light blue card.    

        

Matt this onto an 8" ivory base card, using double sided sticky tape, adding a touch of glue to make sure it sticks well.   Fix the cut out arches on top of the original arches image using sticky foam pads.


I then used my computer to print out 'Happy Birthday' in black ink onto a piece of cream card.   I then trimmed around the sentiment and matted it onto a slightly larger piece of light blue card.   I then glued this to the top of the card and the card is finished.





Thank you so much for sticking with me to the end of this post lol!   Hope you like my card.  I know it is quite long but it is mainly photos rather than text lol!      I would like to wish you all A Very Happy, Healthy 2021.    Take care and stay safe and well.   Catch you all again in 2021.

                                                                  Love and rainbows,

                                                                  Hugs   Jennifer xx.



 


3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good Christmas. Mine was very quiet lol. That was a good save Jennifer and your card is gorgeous. Love the pansies. Wishing you a happy New Year, and lets hope it's better than this year has been - love and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love the design and the tutorial is fabulous as always.

    Thanks for always taking the time to leave comments on my blog.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. Thanks for fabulous tutorial. I have done Decoupage cards in the past. Never thought to do it with two pieces of designer paper. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete