Followers

Friday 29 October 2021

A Touch of Gold.

Good morning Lovelies,

Hoping this post finds you all well   Thank you for your visits and lovely comments on my last blog post.  I appreciate the time you take and I hope you enjoy your visits.   Today's card was made using  a beautiful new collection, called    'Beautiful Blooms.'   -  gorgeous A3 rice papers, some of which have gold foil added in places, just stunning.   I have also used one of the stencils from the collection, along with  Cadence decoupage glue and their Shabby Chic Relief Paste.

I cut out the section of rice paper that I wanted, cutting it out slightly larger than a seven inch square,   I then cut out a seven inch square of white card.

The rice paper was fixed to the seven inch square of white card, using some Cadence decoupage glue, bending the extra rice paper to the back of the card and securing with the glue, making sure there were no air bubbles under the rice paper.

I cut out the most prominent pink flowers and the golden butterfly from the second sheet of the same design rice paper.   Fixed them to some spare white card using the decoupage glue.   When dry, I trimmed away any excess white card.

The  butterfly was fixed  to the original image on the rice paper background card, using silicone glue.

Using the scroll squares design from the 'Grunge' stencil from the collection, I spread the Cadence Shabby Chic Sage Relief Paste through the design onto a two inch deep piece of vellum, using a metal spatula.   

The stencil was removed  leaving  the image to dry.   When this was dry, I  fixed the vellum to the bottom of the background card and then fixed this onto an 8" x 8" white base car

The  flowers were then fixed on top of the vellum on the left-hand side of the card, using silicone glue.


The  photos below show the dimension and beautiful effect  the gold foiling has.


 
Thanks for stopping by my blog.   I will be back soon with another card made using this gorgeous collection.   Take care of yourselves and above all, stay safe.   Cheerio for now.

                                                               Love and rainbows

                                                                Hugs  Jennifer xx.






2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer, what a gorgeous card, the rice paper is so beautiful and I just love that wonderful golden butterfly. Have yourself a lovely weekend, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card. With such gorgeous rice papers it doesn't take much to make fabulous things. Hope all is well love and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete