Followers

Monday 14 October 2013

Butterflies and Flowers Wall Hanging Tutorial

Good evening Fellow Crafter's Friends and Visitors,

The weather has certainly taken a turn for the worst.  It has been so.....wet all day and very dull with it !!  so let's try and cheer things up with a wall hanging I made for Imagination Craft's earlier this year,  which will remind us of those balmy, sunny, summer days with butterflies and flowers in abundance. Below is one of the many MDF Boards which includes push out charms and you can purchase these from the Imagination Craft's website.   This is what we will be working with tonight.   This is my first tutorial, hope you enjoy it.



In the pack you have a plain backing board, a frame with a cut out aperture and one sheet of laser cut charms, which just pop out.  These kits can be painted, decoupaged,stamped, embossed and of course can be  gilded and sparkle medium used on them, so.... many ways to use them lols.   So let' get started shall we, the photo below is what we will end up with.   This will make a lovely gift for someone you know.


The front and the back of the hanging are painted with the MDF limestone paint,  coloured and stamped
using distress inks and embossing powder.   Below is the back of the hanging.

   
The heart die-cuts on the front and back are Memory Box Dies and have been covered with gilding flakes.   Some Detail Sparkle has been rubbed onto the bottom left of the front board using my finger and a little added elsewhere on the board.    





   
The MDF flower was again painted, then coloured with distress inks and a touch of Detail Sparkle  added to the edges.



                                       
The MDF butterflies were painted then coloured with the distress inks.   The butterflies were then stamped onto acetate, cut out and some detail sparkle added to the reverse.   When dry, they were glued to the MDF butterflies.

     

The fiberous material I colured with distress ink.   The flowers I made from white card, which I coloured with distress inks and I added a touch of Detail Sparkle to the edges of the petals.

   

I made a flower from blue and purple paper and added it to the hanging heart die-cut, which was covered with gold and silver gilding flakes.   

         
A mixture of all the Detail Sparkle was spread over the swirly stencil onto the back of the hanging.   Then the Friends sentiment stamped onto the centre., along with another hanging heart covered with gilding flakes.





    
I painted the square from the centre of the frame with MDF paint and coloured it with distress ink.   I then put the butterfly curls stencil onto some acetate and spread some detail sparkle through one of the butterflies on the stencil, then when it was dry I cut it out and glued it onto the coloured square and glued it to the ribbon.

Phew !! well that's it folks, hope you have enjoyed this tutorial.   I really enjoyed making it.   You could choose your favourite colour to make yours.   Until next time, happy crafting.

                                                                Love and rainbows

                                                                  Hugs Jennifer xx








6 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Jennifer!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, thank you so much for your kind comment. Hugs Jennifer xx

      Delete
  2. just wonderful Jennifer - really love this to bits xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you very much Rachel, I really enjoyed making this, I began with an idea in my mind and then I just kept on adding things until I thought to myself, be careful or I will overdo it. It's knowing when to stop isn't lols !! Hugs Jennifer xx

      Delete
  3. A stunning wall hanging Jennifer. It must have taken you ages and such a lot of detail added.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really pleased you like it Mags and yes it did take quite a while to do but, I really enjoyed making this. I kept thinking of things I could put on it but I had to stop or I would have spoiled it I think lols. Less is more as they say ! Hugs Jennifer xx

      Delete