Followers

Thursday 17 October 2013

Christmas Tree Decoupage

Good evening peeps,

Hope all is well with you.   Gosh ! time is flying by and we are nearly into November !   I hope you are all managing to fit in some crafting time to get your Christmas cards done.   I have done some baking today and I am aware I should be getting my Christmas cake made lols.   Maybe I'll make it at the weekend.

On the subject of Christmas I would like to share another Christmas card with you.   This one I made for Imagination Crafts last year.   I love this decoupage stamp as it has a modern feel to it.   OK let's get started.

                                           
The base card was made from black card.   A smaller piece of white card was stamped with the flourish stamp from the set around the edges of the white card using black ink.   I then  matted this onto the black card.

Take a piece of red shiny card and put through an embossing machine along with the Trees Embossable.   Sand gently over the trees until the white card shows through.   Paint the trees with the gold  from the Vintage pearly palatte.   Tear around all  four edges of the red card.   Fix a piece of ribbon across the centre and matt this onto a piece of black card then matt this onto the white stamped card.

Take some white card  and stamp the main tree image a total of five times using a Versamark pad and heat emboss using black embossing powder.   Colour with the Vintage Pearly Palette. cut out and 3D.   Fix the main image to the centre of the base card.

Add a ribbon bow to the right-hand edge of the card and two buttons, one on the top left and one on the bottom right-hand corners.

Well that's it finished.   Thank you so much for stopping by to visit my blog.   I hope I may have inspired you to get out your craft products and make some  Christmas cards lols !    Until next time, happy crafting.
See you soon.

                                                                   Love and rainbows,

                                                                    Hugs Jennifer xx

4 comments:

  1. great card \jennifer - love the stamp and the tearing looks amazing - I'm never brave enough to tear!!! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Rachel, pleased you like it. I don't tear very often but when I do I'm quite pleased with the result, oh go on, be a devil and get tearing lolls !! Hugs Jennifer xx

      Delete
  2. A beautiful christmas card Jennifer. Love the colours and the distressed look by tearing.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Mags, thank you very much. Hugs Jennifer xx

      Delete