Followers

Thursday 10 October 2013

Silver Sparkle and White Poinsettias


Good evening Fellow Crafters, Friends and Visitors,

How are you all tonight ?  well I hope.   The weather here has been really quite cold but bright at times.   Autumn is definitely here lols.   Can't grumble, we had a wonderful Summer didn't we ?     I have had a lovely day today, my friend and I went out craft shopping !!!!   Well I did spend a little more than I meant too but I just cannot resist buying the odd die or two lols !!   I bought  a Tattered Lace snowflake die and a Spellbinders die, with a few other bits and pieces !!   an enjoyable day out, I'm at my happiest when in a craft shop lol !   Well  let's get started on tonight's card shall we ?

Make a base card from white cardstock.   Take the glossy green card and lay the stencil on top and spread the silver sparkle medium across it using a spatula.   Trim the green card to fit onto the white base card, leaving a border of white showing and  wrap some red ribbon down the right-hand side of the green card and secure on the reverse.   Fix this card to the white base card.   Add a bow using Magi-Bond Glue.

Cut out and emboss the flowers and the flower stems  using  the Grand Calibur or similar machine  and the dies.   Colour one flower with red distress ink and cover with a little of the silver mica powder.

Take the die-cut flower centres and cover with some silver sparkle medium and leave to dry.   Rub the red distress ink around the edges of the white flower petals and glue the flowers to the card front using the glue.   Glue the silver centres to the flowers.   Rub some red distress ink around the edges of the white base card.

Well there we are the card is now finished.   Hope you give this card a go as it is an easy and quick card to make and looks really effective.

Thank you so much for stopping by  to visit my blog.  Hope you have enjoyed your visit.  I'll be back soon with another card.   Take care of yourselves.

                                                             Love and rainbows,
   
                                                               Hugs Jennifer xx 

6 comments:

  1. loving this silver sparkle medium Jennifer - thats going to be on my wish list for sure! Gorgeous make! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel, thank you. I have to say I like all.....the sparkle medium colours lolls !! but I do think that the silver metallic is a very versatile colour which looks good whichever other colours you use with it.


      Hugs Jennifer xx

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous Jennifer and I love the beautiful Silver Sparkle medium too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, thank you, missed your visits while you were away lols. Hugs Jennifer xx

      Delete
  3. This is stunning Jennifer. I love poinsettias and this card is beautiful.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mags, thank you so much for your comment. The poinsettia die used in this card was a Marianne Design and I think it is a nice die and the flower looks good when it is made up and of course I just had to use some Imagination Craft's Sparkle Medium for a bit of bling !! Hugs Jennifer xx

      Delete