Well it has been another dull, dreary and wet day here, again. There was a small piece of blue sky earlier this morning but it did not last longer than ten minutes and it clouded over again! Hope you are all looking forward to the weekend. Please do not forget to tune into the Imagination Craft's shows and Hochanda TV tomorrow. More great techniques and more special offers!!!!
I'm not sure why I have lost two of my lovely followers, It apparently has something to do with Blogger I'm told. I appreciate each and everyone of my followers, so disappointing!
Tonight I would like to share another of my projects, which has been made for Imagination Crafts shows on Hochanda TV tomorrow (Friday 29th January 2016.) This is a decorated MDF box. Before I begin my step by step guide, I must apologise for the photographs lol! the light was so poor when I took them, they do look better in real life so to speak, than on these photos lol!
(1) Box painted inside and out with white MDF paint, then with a coat of Baltic Blue MDF paint.
(2) Silver, Cobalt & Sherbert Alchemy Waxes rubbed over the outside of the box.
(3) Stencil placed on top and sides of the box and Dried Rose Starlight Paint dabbed through the flowers
only, using a piece of cut n' dry foam. Remove stencil and leave image to dry.
(4) Stencil placed back in position and the Silver Sparkle Medium, spread over the squares on the stencil, using a metal spatula. Carefully remove stencil and leave to dry.
(5) Repeat this on all sides of the box, not including the sides of the lid, leaving each side to dry, before doing the next.
(6) Hinges and clasp pained with a thin layer of Silver Starlight Paint. Do not put too much paint on these brass pieces or you will not be able to bend the hinges, or move the clasp.
(7) Large Art Cutz flower, coloured with the Sherbert and Cobalt Blue Alchemy Waxes.
(8) Smaller Art Cutz flower coloured with the Silver Alchemy Wax and a small amount of Silver Sparkle Medium added to the petals The silver flower glued on top of the larger flower using silicone glue.. A clear gemstone glued to the flower centre. This flower glued to the bottom right corner of the box
(9) Butterfly circle cut using the Spellbinder's die, from white card, then coloured with the waxes, then glued to the centre of the inside of the lid.
(10) Art Cutz butterfly coloured with the Alchemy waxes and glued to the centre of the butterfly circle.
(11) Three small silver beads glued to the top left of the box top..
Well that's this box finished, I have to say, I have enjoyed making this box. I wasn't at all sure just what I was going to do with it, so I decided on the colour and the stencil and just began. It seemed to just develop as I went along lol! but I'm quietly pleased with the end result.
Thanks for stopping by to have a look. I would like to think I may have inspired you to have a go at decorating one of these MDF boxes. Not only are they pretty when finished but are very useful too!!! not too big and not too small, just right - sounds like the story of the Three Bears, the chairs and the porridge ha! ha!
Please don't forget to tune in tomorrow and if you can't, set your recorder to record. See you soon.
Love and rainbows,
Happy Crafting, Hugs Jennifer xx.