Followers

Saturday 30 January 2016

That Little Mouse Again lol!

Good afternoon Followers, Friends and Visitors,

Hope you are having a good weekend, whatever you are doing.   Shopping done this morning, back in time for lunch and now having a lazy weekend lol!    It is really windy here today, we woke up to a sprinkling of snow!  and it is bitterly cold Brrr... just cannot seem to get warm today.    Thought I would write up my blog now instead of this evening, as I like to watch The Voice on T.V. on a Saturday.

The card I have for you this afternoon is a little different to my usual, although I have not used an Imagination Craft's stamp, I have used their very pretty Chalkies to colour the image.   These are very pretty coloured chalk paints which give a lovely  matt finish.     

This  stamp is one of my favourites and every now and then,   I just feel the need to use it again, I just love this little mouse he is so cute.  If I remember right, it is a Stampendous stamp, I do have more of these sweet stamps, just cannot resist buying them when I see one lol!

    
Make a base card from white card approx.  five and three quarter inches by seven and a half inches.   Draw a line with the odd squiggle in it, around the edges, using  a black pen.   Don't make this line too perfect !     Matt a piece of lavender card onto the white, leaving a border of the white showing, before the pen  line.  

   
Die-cut a piece of lattice using the Memory Box die, from light green card and matt onto a piece of yellow card.   Fix this down  the left-hand side of the base card.  

    
Die-cut two corners from the yellow card, using the Sweet Dixie die and glue to the top and bottom right-hand corners.

   
Take a piece of white card and stamp the little mouse image onto it, using a black  permanent ink pad, which will not bleed when you colour it with the diluted Chalkies, an ordinary ink pad will.  

  
Colour the image with the Imagination Craft's beautiful Chalkies paints, Citrus fresh, Sugared almond and Stone wash, diluted with a little water.

     
              
Die-cut a scalloped oval using the Spellbinder's die,  from this stamped image, placing the image in the centre of the oval.

    
Shade around the edges of the oval with distress ink, I used Iced Spruce and a blending tool.   Matt this on top of the lattice and the corner dies.

   
All that remains to be done, is to add an organza ribbon bow and three lavender gem stones.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.   Catch you all in a few days.   Stay warm and snug.   Time to put the kettle on for a nice cup of tea lol!      Bye for now.

                                                                 Love and rainbows,

                                                                    Hugs  Jennifer xx.


        



                                                                             



  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer, thanks for following my blog! I'm now following yours LOL! This card is lovely - I especially like the beautiful bird - I love those colours!

    ReplyDelete