Followers

Monday 8 January 2018

Have a Hoot on Your Birthday.

Hello again Followers, Friends and Visitors,

Well, it has been a beautiful day today, blue skies and sunshine, although, very cold indeed!   Hope the weather has been the same wherever you are too.

I was going through my box of stamps last September, looking for a particular stamp, which I  did not find but I came across another set of stamps by Woodware, which I bought and have only used once before.     As I love owls I decided to give up looking for the other stamp and use this set instead lol! 

Talking of owls, a few years ago we came dowsnstairs one morning and opened the curtains on one of our three windows only to find a very large owl sitting on the lampshade of our table lamp!!!    Yes, it did leave a little present on our lampshade lol!    We decided not to open the other curtains in case we frightened the owl.    We quietly opened the front door and porch door, in the hope it would fly out but  it decided to fly into our kitchen instead,  flapping it's wings on our kitchen ceiling, leaving black wing marks on the ceiling!   very artistic!!    It then flew back into our lounge, so we closed all the internal doors,  again  hoping it would fly outside.   After 10 minutes it thankfully did, completely unhurt I'm pleased to say,  from it's adventure.   It had somehow come down our chimney during the night and thankfully the log fire was out.   When we opened the other two curtains, we saw the full extent of the mess!!!   the owl had swept the chimney on it's way down lol!!    The carpet was covered in soot lol!   I can smile now but at the time it was quite a job to clean up.   Well I think I had better get on with tonight's card,   I've chatted enough,  Hubby always says I can talk the hind legs off a donkey lol!    (Thinking about it, that is a rather funny saying lol! ).

     
Make a base card 15cm. square from white card.   Matt a square of dark green card, slightly smaller in size onto the base card.

   
Matt a smaller piece of patterned paper onto the green card.    I used some paper I had in my stash called  'Pretty Spring Papers' by My Minds Eye.     Die-cut a large scalloped circle from some dark green card and fix to the centre of the base card.

Stamp the owl, his wings and tree branch onto some white card, using a Versamark pad and heat emboss with black embossing powder.

   
Colour the owl, wings and tree branch, using Promarker pens or similar, to match the colours on the patterned paper.

    
Die-cut a scalloped circle  around the owl image, using a slightly smaller die and fix this to the larger green circle.   Add the wings to the owl, adding some silicone glue under each wing.

   
Add the branch so the owl is sitting on it, I used small pieces of sticky foam pads to do this.

   
Stamp 'All of a twitter' and 'Have a hoot...' onto white card, using a black ink pad.

   
Trim these and glue them to slightly larger pieces of green card.

    
Glue 'All of a twitter' to the top left of the base card and 'Have a hoot to the bottom right.   Thank you all so much for visiting my blog, I do like to share my projects with you and I love to hear your feedback.

That's all from me for now folks, enjoy the rest of your week.    I'll be back again soon, I do hope you will be too.

                                                                     Love and Rainbows,

                                                                       Hugs   Jennifer xx.








4 comments:

  1. Hi there Jennifer, oh I have enjoyed your owl story,thank goodness it wasn't injured, even although it caused a mess. I love owls but would have freaked out if I'd found him in my room.
    Love your pretty card, great image and colours, lovely papers too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kate, pleased you like my card and my owl story. The owl was very calm and unruffled lol! What a hoot lol!!!
      Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete
  2. Your post has really made me smile Jennifer. A great card. I love Woodware stamps. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Les,pleased I brought a smile to your face lol! Thank you so much for your lovely comment.
      Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete