Followers

Sunday 28 January 2018

Hearts and Flowers Thank You.

Hi there Peeps,

Hope everyone is having a good weekend whatever you are doing, despite the windy, dreary wet weather.   I do hope the sun is shinning where you are as it certainly isn't here lol!    Thank you so much for your feedback on my last blog post, I really appreciate those visits and comments.

Today I am sharing a 'Thank You' card I have made for my friend's 11 year old daughter, who made us a beautiful decoupaged Christmas card.   I do love to hear of young people who enjoy crafting and I feel they should definitely be encouraged to keep their hobby going.   As she is getting older I decided a more grown up card would be appropriate,  she loves pretty things,  hope you like it.

The card below was made using  an embossing folder and stamp set given free with the Papercraft Essentials Magazine - issue 154    so I only had to supply the card, ink pad, gems, Distress inks and ribbon, which I already had in my crafty stash! so an economical card to make for me lol!

     
Using white linen card, make a 6" square base card.   Put the front of the card into the embossing folder and then through an embossing machine to emboss.

Colour the hearts top of the card with the Wild honey,  Tattered rose,  Fired brick,  Squeezed lemonade & Mowed lawn Distress inks, using a blending tool or a piece of cut 'n' dry foam.

        
Next colour the bottom half of the card with the Tattered rose and Mowed lawn Distress inks.

Using the wild seed head  stamp (given free with the Craft Stamper Magazine) and a black ink pad, stamp the seed head along the bottom of the card.

    
Using the black ink pad once again, stamp 'Thank You,' the hearts and the butterfly along the centre of the card.   Add some Black soot Distress ink around the card edges to frame the design.

    
   
Put a further piece of white linen card into the embossing folder and emboss.   Colour the flowers with the Tattered rose and Fired brick and the leaves with the Mowed lawn Distress inks.   Cut out each flower head and bud and all the leaves.

    
Fix these on top of the original embossing using sticky foam pads or silicone glue.

   
Glue the large holographic green  gem  to the left, on the wavy embossed line and the two tiny gems to the right, again on the wavy line.

   
Glue an organza ribbon bow to the top left of the card and that is it finished.   I did of course make an insert for this card adding a personal message.

Thanks once again for stopping by my blog.   Have a good week and I'll be back soon.

                                                          Love and rainbows,

                                                           Hugs   Jennifer xx.









2 comments:

  1. How beautiful Jennifer, so much detail to see and beautiful colours, I love the decoupaged flowers, I'm sure the little girl will just love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jennifer, love the textures and flowers.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete