Followers

Wednesday 1 August 2018

My 'One Moment in Time' 10" x 12" Canvas.

 Good evening All,

How are you today?  I do hope you are enjoying your day.   We have had a quiet one here, so not much to report.   Our wonderful Grandson is away on holiday and we are missing him popping in to see us, usually because he wants something to eat lol!   he's a growing boy and we can't fill him,  just like his Dad used to be lol!     lovely memories.    We do however, still get BIG HUGS  I'm pleased to say.   He is the light of our lives, we love him so much.    The years have flown by so quickly, doesn't seem long since he was a baby sitting in his high chair and being fed.

Thank you so much for your comments and all your visits to my last blog, much appreciated.   Well, tonight I would like to share another of my canvases made for Imagination Craft's One Day Special shows last Sunday and Monday.    I had so much fun doing this canvas, as I adore this fabulous Steampunk Lady rice paper, she's just  amazing, such a fabulous design.   The Imagination Craft's  products used in the making of this canvas can be purchased from www.crafterscompanion.co.uk

    
Using the canvas in a portrait style, spray it with the  green and navy blue Fashion sprays, then the red and white Mixed Media Spray Inks and gently blot with a piece of kitchen paper.

Using the lady from the rice paper no.MA-014, having wet around her with a brush and water, feather her from the main sheet and fix her to the right-hand side of the canvas using the decoupage glue.

   
Isn't she just fabulous ! I love her!   Do the same with the clock face and glue it to the top left corner, again using the decoupage glue.

   
Lay the flower from the A4 Art stencil no. A6-464 onto the bottom left corner of the canvas and stipple black ink from a black ink pad through the design.   Repeat the same again but using the other flower on the stencil, to the top of the canvas.     Remove and wash the stencil as it will be used once again.

When dry, lay the stencil back in position over the flower, off-setting it slightly.   Next, stipple the white gold Starlight paint through the design.   This gives a lovely shadow effect and makes the image 'pop.'   Repeat for the second flower.




   
Using a black ink pad, stamp 'Time Flies' just above the Lady's head.   As I did not have any Imagination Craft's  Art Cutz cog wheels , I substituted some die-cut cogs instead.   This is an X-Cut die set.   I cut 5 of  them from black card,    I then coloured them with a little white gold Starlight Wax  and glued them in position on the canvas using silicone glue to add some dimension to the design.

   
Glue some of the black circles left over after die-cutting the cogs to the design.   I finished off the design by tinting the frill around her hat, the edge of the clock face and a little on the feathers on her shoulders,  with watered down white gold Starlight paint.   Well that's it for now my friends, take care of yourselves till my next blog.

                                                                     Love and Rainbows,

                                                                       Hugs   Jennifer xx.









1 comment:

  1. This is stunning Jennifer! I love the background and that image is fabulous!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete