Followers

Saturday 13 April 2019

Friends Are Like Stars.

Hi there Lovelies,

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.   The weather here has been really sunny but there has been a very chilly wind.   Lovely to see the sunshine and hear the birds singing, roll on the Summer lol!

Thank you for your lovely comments and visits to my last blog post, they mean a lot and I love to see your blog posts too.

Tonight I have a card to share with you, which I made in December 2018.   I have used Imagination Craft's Mixed Media Inks,  Starlight paints and the 'stars'  small stencil.   Hope you like this one, I have to say I was quietly pleased with the end result.  The verse stamp is a Dovecraft stamp, such
a lovely sentiment I think.

     
Make a square base card from white card stock.   Matt and layer a  smaller square of green card onto the base card.   Take a smaller square of white card.   Spray the inks onto a work mat and spritz with water.    Lay the square of white card down onto the inks and rub over the card with your hand, then lift up.   If you're not happy with the results, lay it back down onto the inks.   (If you do this too often, you can spoil the results, as the colours begin to turn a 'muddy' colour).

  
It is more effective if you leave some white space.   Leave this to dry or you can dry with a heat gun.

    
Using a black ink pad,, stamp the sentiment to the right-hand side of the coloured card.

  
Lay the small star stencil onto onto the card and stipple the three Starlight colours - Jade, Rich Gold and Dried Rose, through the stencil, using a stencil brush, mainly around the sentiment.

 
Colour a piece of white card with the dried rose, another with gold  and  another with the Jade and when dry, die-cut  one large and one small from the pink,  one small star from the jade and one from the gold.


      
Glue these to the left hand side of the card using silicone glue, to lift them up slightly.

   
Glue a pink ribbon bow to the bottom right corner, then glue this to the base card and the card is finished.

  
Well that's it for the moment my Lovelies, catch you all again very soon.   Have a good week and I'll keep my fingers crossed for some good weather.   Take good care of yourselves until my next post.

                                                                Love and rainbows,

                                                                Hugs    Jennifer xx.







    

4 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card, love the background xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stunning Jennifer. Love your choice of colours too. Hope you're Well. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning card Jennifer, I love all that fabulous inking and the way you've managed to create texture and depth. Of course I love the sentiment, just used it myself. Hope you had a lovely weekend, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the background and choice of colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete