Followers

Sunday 14 February 2016

Butterflies and Roses MDF Box.

Hi there everyone,

Well we woke up to snow this morning !   not much mind you but it has been very cold all day..brrr.....
can't seem to get warm!   Hope you've all enjoyed your weekend and are ready for another week lol.   I spent some time this afternoon in my craft room making samples for Imagination Craft's next shows on the Hochanda T.V. Channel on the 17th and 18th February.   I had one of those days where everything I did seemed to go wrong !   more seemed to end up in the waste basket lol!   but, I got there lol, ended up with a card totally different to what I had in mind.     I still have to photograph them and pack them up, then get them in the post tomorrow at the latest!

Tonight I would like to share an MDF box which I made for the Hochanda T.V. shows on 29th. January.   For this I have used Imagination Craft's gorgeous rice paper.

       
(1)   Paint the box inside and out with the white MDF paint.
(2)   Paint the box again inside and out with the Baltic blue MDF paint.
(3)   Paint the inside of the lid with the Menthol Starlight paint
(4)   Die-cut the lacy square by Marianne Design, from gold card and glue in a diamond shape onto the
        inside of the box lid. 

       

(5)   Die-cut 3 butterflies using the White Rose Studio die and colour with the Sherbert and Cobalt Alchemy
        Waxes.
(6)   Glue the butterflies to the gold diamond using silicone glue, lifting the wings slightly.

      
(7)   Cut and glue the Script rice paper to the sides of the box  (not the lid), using PVA glue.
(8)   Glue the rice paper with the rose on it to the lid, again with PVA glue.

     
(9)   Lay the swirly frame border stencil on the side of the box, on top of the script rice paper and spread the
       golden green Sparkle Medium over part of the design on the stencil, using the metal spatula.

     
(10)  Repeat the above  (number 9)  on all four sides of the box, leaving each side to dry before doing the next.

(11)  Rub the Inca gold Alchemy wax around the edges of the box.

    
(12)  Colour one of the Art Cutz leaves with the Peridot Alchemy wax, add a touch of the Inca gold to the
         leaves and glue in the top right corner of the box lid bending the leaves up a little.

     
(13)  From another piece of the same rice paper, cut out the blue butterfly   (the two nearest wings only) and
        Glue to a piece of white card, cut this out and glue in position with silcone glue, lifting the wings slightly. 
        Add a small amount of  Inca gold to the butterfly's wings.


     
(14)  Rub some Inca gold wax around the edges of the lid.

That's all from me for now folks,  I'll be back very soon with some 'Sneaky peeks' at a few of my samples which I have made for Imagination Craft's shows on Hochanda TV channel  on  17th & 18th.  Feb.   I'll let you know what time the programs are on, on my next blog post.     Thanks so much for stopping by,  hope you've enjoyed your visit.   Would love it if you left me a comment, I do like to know what you think of my creations.     Catch you all soon.

                                                                 Love and rainbows,

                                                              Crafty Hugs,  Jennifer xx.





4 comments:

  1. Stunning box Jennifer, those rice papers work so well and love the raised butterfly on the top....hope the snow stays away..Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracey, thanks a lot for your nice comment. The snow is still here lol! Really crispy out there tonight and very cold Brrr....
      Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi there Lea, many thanks, pleased you like it.
      Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete