Followers

Monday 21 August 2017

When You're Feeling Blue.

Hello All,

Time for another card I think.   Today  I have chosen another card which I have made for my friend Jane's Macmillan Nurses Charity Coffee morning.   This is a stamp I saw in a craft shop and I just couldn't resist it.   Hope you like it.  I saw this flower as a sunflower but it could equally be thought of as a daisy, dahlia or another flower and the flower centre could have sequins, beads, gems, candi  or a glaze added on top of inks, a very versatile stamp.

   
Stamp the flower image onto a  piece of white card, using a black ink pad.   I used a Versafine pad.   Colour with the  peeled paint, mustard seed and shabby shutters, brushed corduroy & walnut stain  distress inks.

Next add some watered down Rich Gold Starlight paint from Imagination Craft's.    over the distress inks.

Cut the flower out, leaving a tiny white border around the image.   Stamp the sentiment in the top right corner of the 6" square, white base card, using a black ink pad.

     
Glue the cut out flower to the centre of the white base card using glue for the stem and silicone glue for the petals, leaves and the flower centre.

   
    
Colour around the edges of the base card with the walnut stain,, brushed corduroy and black soot distress inks., using a blending tool or piece of cut 'n' dry foam, leaving some white around the image.   The above photo shows up the beautiful sheen on the petals and flower centre where I have used the watered down rich gold Starlight paint.

   
Glue three green gemstones to the top left and bottom right corners of the base card.
 
   
Last of all, glue a yellow ribbon bow to the bottom left and the card is finished.

  
   
Well that's all from me for the moment.   Have a good week and look after yourselves.   Thank you so much for visiting my blog.   Many thanks to those who have left me comments, I do love to hear your feedback.

                                                                  Love and rainbows,

                                                                    Hugs   Jennifer xx.










3 comments:

  1. Wow Jennifer amazing card. Just gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Jennifer, love the sentiment and beautiful flower. I would paint myself purple ;) LOL
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this Jennifer, beautifully designed and coloured card,Kate x

    ReplyDelete