Followers

Monday 9 October 2017

Autumn Leaves on Your Birthday.

Hello everyone,

Hope your week has got off to a good start.   Thank you all for visiting and commenting on my last blog, I really appreciate your visits.   Not a lot to tell you about,  we visited the dentist and fortunately, had nothing to do thank goodness.   I spent all of yesterday morning having a little clear out, boxes mainly, which I have hung onto just in case I may need them to put my samples  in to send by post,    I had kept enough boxes to see me for many years lol!! so most of them  went into the recycle box!!!    I can now see my way to my large box of ribbons - yeah!!    Why do we crafters hang onto things we MIGHT use some day lol ?    I still have a lot of tidying up to do, slowly, slowly catch e monkey,  I will get there....it  could take some time lol!

Well my card tonight was made using one of my favourite dies by Trimcraft called 'Trellis' this is one of a set of three, so useful.   I have also used a Crafter's Companion leaf stamp & die which was given free with a craft magazine some time ago.   Imagination Craft's Starlight paints, Gilding Flakes, MDF Paint and their Rusty Patina.  

    
Begin by matting a square of black card onto the 7" x 7" white base card, leaving a border of the white base card showing.   Cut a smaller square of white card and paint with the Limestone MDF paint.

Rub streaks of the Cafe Creme and Rustique  Rusty Patina paints down the card, using a dry paint brush.

   
                      Add small amounts of gilding glue and rub over with gold gilding flakes.

    
Die-cut a white trellis using the Trimcraft die and glue down the right-hand side of the painted card.   Matt this card onto the black matt, leaving a small border of the black showing.

   
                        Stamp 'On Your Birthday' in the bottom left corner, using a black ink pad.

Take a piece of white card, the free leaf stamp and  stamp two leaves, using a Versamark pad and heat emboss with black embossing powder.    Die-cut these leaves with the free die which came with the set.  

   
Take some cream card and repeat the above three more times.   Colour two of these leaves with  Imagination Craft's watered down Orange Oxidized  and one with Dark Orchid Starlight paints.   Leave the  other two leaves white.   Glue these leaves in position using some silicone glue, to give some dimension to the card.

   
                                  Glue three pink gemstones to the bottom left of the base card.

   
Lastly, glue a pink ribbon bow to the top left of the card.    Well that's all from me for the moment.   I will be back again soon with another project.   Enjoy the rest of your week and take care of yourselves.

                                                               Love and rainbows,

                                                           Crafty Hugs,   Jennifer xx.









8 comments:

  1. Wow Jennifer! Such a pretty card! I love the beautiful autumn leaves that they are out of the perimeter. Great colours, leaves stamps and die cuts. Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mia, pleased you like my card.
      Hugs my friend. xx.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Jennifer, beautiful colours, I love the Autumnal shades and the design is fabulous. Brilliant texture too. Your creations are always so inspirational, thank you. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you very much Kate, you are so kind. I really appreciate your comments.
      Big Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete
  3. This is fabulous Jennifer, love the background and gorgeous leaves. Fabulous background too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Linda, many thanks for your kind words, much appreciated.
      Big Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi there Lea, thank you so much.
      Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete