Followers

Monday 30 October 2017

Home is Where the Heart is.

Good evening All,

Apologies for not blogging until now but we have been busy decorating and helping out with a Halloween party.    We are getting the house ready for Christmas,  still have some painting to do in the kitchen, then we're done lol!

Thank you all for your visits and your comments on my last blog, they are much appreciated.   Hope everyone is well, if not here's a big   (((Hug))). 

I had a sort through some of my stamp boxes and found one of my favourite stamps from some time ago.   This stamp is called 'Sleeping under flowers' and is a 'House Mouse' design and is from Stampabilities.   I bought this many years ago and it is a wooden stamp.   I do love these cute little mice, hope you like it too. 

I have also included a Halloween card I made for Imagination Craft's in October 2013.   Should you wish to see how I made it, please scroll back on my blog to 24th. October 2013 - to my blog headed 'Come fly with me on a broomstick made for two.'

   
Trim a half inch strip from one of the long sides of a piece of A4 cream hammered card and fold in half portrait style.

Matt a rectangle of black card onto the base card, leaving a border of the cream showing.   Cut a slightly smaller piece of white card and colour this by dropping tiny amounts of Brusho powders (ultramarine, purple, yellow and emerald green) onto it, then spritz with  water and leave to dry.   When dry, fix this to the black matt on the base card.

    
Colour a smaller piece of white card in the same way, using the Brusho's and leave to dry.   Stamp the mouse design onto this piece of card, using a Versamark pad and heat emboss with black embossing powder.   Die-cut this using the oval die.

    
Die-cut a black oval frame by using a large and a small die together.   Stamp 'Home is....' at the bottom of the card using a Versamark pad and heat emboss with black powder.

   
Fix the mouse oval to the card, then fix the black frame on top of the mouse oval.

   
Die-cut 2 large and 1 small flowers, colour with the blue Starlight paint adding a dusting of Imagination Craft's  'Glamour Dust.' 

  
Glue one large flower to the bottom right and the other large and the small flowers to the top of the black oval.

   
Glue 3 tiny cerise coloured gemstones to the centre of the left-hand edge of the card.

     
Glue a gemstone to the centre of each flower.   Well that's it finished lol!     I'd just like to wish you all a 'Very Happy, Spooky Halloween !!'     Take good care of yourselves and I will be back soon with another creation, made for Imagination Crafts.  

Below is the Halloween card I mentioned earlier in my blog.   The witch bobs about when the card is moved.


                                                                   Love and rainbows, 

                                                              Crafty Hugs,   Jennifer xx.


 



8 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Jennifer. Love what you've done here with the stamp. I still have boxes of wooden stamps too. Must have a look through them now and see what I can find. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Rita, thank you so much, so pleased you like my little mouse card.
      Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete
  2. Stunning little mouse card Jennifer, beautiful image and colours, lovely design.
    Fabulous Halloween card too,
    You'll be glad to get all the decorating done and dusted, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you for your lovely comment, it is much appreciated. Still not finished in the kitchen yet, that gets done tomorrow lol! then I can relax knowing we are ready for Christmas.
      Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous Jennifer, love the Halloween card too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Linda, thanks a lot, glad you like both my cards.
      Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete