Followers

Tuesday 1 May 2018

My Tangled Hair Riviera Girl.

Hello Everyone,

I'm back again with another project which was made for Imagination Craft's latest shows on the Hochanda T.V. Channel over last weekend.  Thank you all for your visits and comments which are very much appreciated.   Hope you all enjoyed your weekend.   This year seems to be flying by even faster than ever lol!    Here we are....the 1st. of May !!!     For this card I used Imagination  Craft's  evocative Riviera Girl A4 stencil...Rather than using Sparkle Medium  or another other product, I decided to use her head and hair shape and to use another stencil - 'Mandala,'  to fill in her hair, just something a little different.   I shortened the length of her hair so the image fitted onto the square,   (I'm no hairdresser lol! but it looks like quite a good style ha! ha! ).     I used one of  Crafter's Companion's  corner  dies.    

             
I began with a 7" x 7" white base card.   I die-cut four corners from black card, using a Crafter's Companion corner die.   I kept the negative pieces from the die-cuts to use later and glued one in each corner.

  
I die-cut a label using the Spellbinder's ' Grand Labels  One'  from black card and matted it onto the white base card.   I then glued the negative pieces which I had put to one side for later, to the top,  bottom and side points of the black label die-cut.

     
I then took a piece of white card and laid the Riviera Girl stencil onto it and using a fine liner black pen, I drew around the outer edges of her hair.   I then coloured in her eyebrows, eyes, nose  and lips with the black pen.   I then removed the stencil.

I took the Mandala stencil, and laid it on the  image just drawn then, using a black pen, followed the pattern on the mandala stencil but, keeping within the lines I had drawn of her hair, colouring some black and others with fine stripes.

     
Using the smaller label, I die-cut her and matted this onto the black matt.

 
Lastly I glued three small black gems to the top left and three to the bottom right corners of the white matt.    This card was quite quick to make, most time was spent on the tangling of her hair.    I was quite pleased with the end result, just another way to use a stencil.

Thanks for popping over to my blog, I hope you enjoyed your visit.   See you all again soon.

                                                               Love and rainbows,

                                                                 Hugs   Jennifer xx.


                                                         

    






2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, love the zentangle.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer, beautiful card, I love the design and the monochrome shades. The new stencils are absolutely gorgeous I have to say, and the zentangle you've made on this one is fabulous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete