Followers

Wednesday 30 May 2018

Rainbow Butterfly.

Good afternoon My Lovelies,

How are you all today?   quite dull here again   but thank fully , no rain, although as I say that, the garden needs some rain very soon lol!  not a breath of air to be had ! but is definitely a little cooler.

Thank you once again for taking the time to stop and read my blog.   I do hope you are enjoying your visits and that you find some inspiration for your own craft work.

Before I begin with my next project, I would like to welcome my newest Follower.   Thanks for following and I would love to hear your thoughts on my creations, so please feel free to leave me a comment.

O.k  here we go.   Today I am sharing a card I made for Sue  Harvey of Imagination Crafts, which was made for their One Day Special shows on the Hochanda TV Channel last weekend.   For this card as you will see, I have used Mixed Media Spray Inks, one of  their fabulous designs of  rice papers,   Starlight Textile paint and the fabulous Shake & Gilt spray.


Matt a square of green card slightly smaller than  the white 7" x 7" base card, onto the base card.   Take a smaller square of white card and colour with the red and yellow Mixed Media Spray Inks.

When dry, cut out or feather the edges of the rice paper,   (for those of you who may not have used rice paper, by feathering, I mean, wet the outer edges of the part of the rice paper you would like to use with a paintbrush, then just gently pull the excess rice paper away from the design,  using your fingers,  once the rest has dried it can be used on another project, quite a few cards can be made using just one sheet of paper.)


On this card I have used  the butterfly with some of the surrounding script.     I have used 2 sheets of the same design - no. MA-010.  from the second sheet I only used the butterfly.

Glue the first piece of rice paper with the script background onto the  card, using decoupage glue and leave to dry.   Next give it a quick spray with the Gold Shake & Gilt, this leaves a fabulous golden sheen which, unfortunately does not show on my photographs!     I need some photography lessons I think lol!   Then glue this card onto the base card.


Roughly cut out the large butterfly from the second sheet using scissors, again keeping the rest of the rice paper, for other projects.   Glue this onto some thin white card, using the decoupage glue.   When dry, paint it  using the red, sunshine and green  Mixed Media Spray Inks and a paintbrush.

     

When dry, fussy cut around the butterfly, cutting away any excess rice paper and white card.

 
Add some Rich Gold Starlight Textile paint to the yellow parts of the butterfly's  wings and the stripes on the body and head.


  

Glue this painted butterfly to the original image on the base card, using silicone glue to give a little dimension to the card.

That's all from me for now my friends,  I'll be back soon.   Enjoy the rest of your day.

                                                                  Love and rainbows,

                                                                    Hugs   Jennifer xx.
  


2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, love the butterfly.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Stunning card and what a fabulous butterfly Jennifer, the gorgeous of colours and wonderful design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete