Followers

Thursday 23 May 2019

A Little Sophistication.

Hi there All,

Hope everyone is well and enjoying this fabulous weather.    why is it, that the weeds grow so well and my plants don't lol!  I've been weeding in the garden today, whilst the weather is dry  but  still so much waiting to be done  lol!     This beautiful weather is bound to break soon and when it rains it may pour down, so must take advantage whilst I can,   so no crafting done today at all, most unlike me lol.

Thank you all for taking the time to visit and comment on my last blog, I really appreciate it.   My card tonight was made in January this year.   I came across this wooden stamp when having a tidy up in my craft room.  This is quite an old stamp,   it reminds me of Audrey Hepburn, I always thought she was very beautiful and very sophisticated.    I have also used  Imagination Craft's scalloped shell stencil and their sentiment stamps.   I used Distress inks to colour the card.


Take an A4 sheet of white card and trime half an inch from one long edge, fold in half to make a portrait style base card.   Cut a piece of black card approximately 5" square and matt and layer onto the base card, leaving room at the top and bottom for the greetings.

Take a slightly smaller square of white card and lay the scalloped shell stencil onto it.   Using a blending tool, rub the Peacock feathers, Seedless preserves & Dried marigold  distress inks through the design, blending the colours together.

  
Remove the stencil.   Matt the background onto the black matt.

   
Stamp 'To My Friend' at the top of the base card and 'Thank You' to the bottom, using a black inkpad.

 

  
  
Using a black inkpad, stamp Audrey Hepburn onto another piece of   card,  coloured,  using the dried marigold & peacock feathers.    Colour her lips with seedless preserves D.I.

  
Cut out the stamped image and glue to a piece of black card.   Trim around the image, leaving a small border of the black showing.


Glue this to the 1" black strip on the base card, using silicone glue to add a little dimension to the card.

    
Colour some white card with the distress inks, then make 3 roses from it.   I cut 3 different sized circles then cut each one into a spiral, rolled them up and  glued the ends.   I then glued these to the bottom left of the scalloped shell matt.

 
Well my lovelies that's this card finished, hope you like it.    Thats all from me for the moment but
I will be back again soon.   In the meanwhile, take good care of yourselves and be happy.

                                                               Love and rainbows,

                                                               Hugs   Jennifer xx.




        



2 comments:

  1. Love the background, A gorgeous card and she certainly does look like Audrey Hepburn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous background colors and pattern with the lovely image Jennifer.


    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete