Followers

Wednesday 4 September 2019

The Crystal Ball Butterfly.

Hello Everyone,

Well, what a change in the weather!  A feel of Autumn is in the air.   Today is wet, windy and really quite cold here.   Hope the weather is better where you are.   This is a good day to write up my blog post I think.   Hopefully I will get it finished and posted before our Grandson arrives home from school.

My card today is another, made using the 'Sue Baker Presents' beautiful  'Snow Queen Collection.'   I just love this collection and can't stop making cards with it lol!   new ideas popping into my head all the time.   My next card is the last thing on my mind when I go to bed and the first in the morning when I wake up.....(note to self....'must get out more lol' )  what am I like lol!   Well, onto today's card and here it is:-

 
Take a  6"  square of white card and colour it using the light blue and the light purple Mixed Media Ink sprays,  spritz them onto a glass work mat,  adding a few sprays of water,   Lay the card face down on top of the inks and gently rub your hand over the card.  Lift up the card and if you are happy with the result, leave to air dry, or use a heat gun.

When dry, draw a circle in the centre of the card as a guide, using a pencil,  (I used a circle die).   Stamp the small butterfly around the circle, (leaving a space unstamped in the bottom right), using a black inkpad.


Colour the butterflies with watered down amethyst and hibiscus Starlight Paints.   Rub away the pencilled circle.


 
Using the silver pigment pad, stamp the beautiful  sentiment in the bottom right corner of the coloured card and heat emboss with silver embossing powder.


   
Die-cut a scalloped circle approximately three & a half inches in diameter from white card.   Using a black inkpad, stamp the Snow Queen onto it.   Colour her cloak with watered down light purple spray ink, adding some watered down amethyst Starlight paint, her face with watered down Victorian Velvet distress ink, her hair with  chestnut Starlight paint  adding a little touch of  watered down rich gold, as highlights in her hair.


                                  Add some silver Starlight paint to her crown of icicles. 

              
                               Glue this scalloped  circle to the inside of the stamped circle

          
Matt this card onto a slightly larger square of black card and then onto the white 7" x 7" base card.


Stamp the closed winged butterfly onto a piece of acetate using an archival black inkpad 3 times,  (we only need 2, plus a spare in case one gets spoiled).    Colour the unstamped side of the butterfly images with the hibiscus and amethyst Starlight paints.   Add a little  watered down colour  to the crystal ball using the inks and a small amount of Starlight paint to the swirl in the ball.

          
       I have put the acetate onto a piece of white paper so it can bee seen against my glass work mat.
     
  
Cut around the butterfly.   Repeat once again but this time, only cut out the nearest wing.   3D these onto the scalloped circle, as though the butterfly is sitting on top of the crystal ball, using silicone glue.



          
Well that's it finished my friends, hope you like it as much as I enjoyed making it.   Time for me to sign off now but I  would just like to thank you all once again for your comments and visits, I appreciate each and every one lol!   Take care of yourselves until my next post, which hopefully will  be quite soon.

                                                                Love and rainbows,

                                                             Big crafty hugs to you all,


                                                                        Jennifer xx.   
    










  
 

1 comment:

  1. There is definitely a touch of Autumn in the air Jennifer - this is a gorgeous card and I love the halo of butterflies. Take care - love and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete