Followers

Saturday 13 August 2022

'Cherry Blossom' Thank You card.

 Good afternoon Lovelies,

Hoping you are all managing to cope in this heatwave we are having at the moment.   I have to say it is lovely to see the sunshine but it is a tad too hot for me.   I'm more of a Spring/Autumn person but hey, mustn't grumble lol !   The lack of rain affects so many people, in all sorts of ways,  I do hope we get some soon.

Thank you for your visits and lovely comments on my last blog, as usual, much appreciated.   Just a short post from me today - not many photos.   To be honest, I had the card almost made when I remembered I hadn't taken any step by step photos -  what am I like lol !!  - don't answer that lol.     My card was made using a 10 piece stamp set & coordinating outline die set, given free with a craft magazine (sorry cannot remember which mag but the set is  called Cherry Blossom, )   a Crafter's Workshop 'Circles' stencil. Distress inks and Promarker Alcohol Pens.



Make a base card five and three quarter inches square from some white card.   On a spare piece of white card, lay the three and three quarter inch diameter circle on the card and secure with masking tape, covering any other smaller circles with masking tape, to stop the ink going anywhere other than the large circle.   Blend the Tumbled Glass Distress ink in the centre of the circle and the Weathered Wood around the edges of the circle.   Blend the colours together, using a blending tool.      Remove the stencil and tape.


Cut out the circle and glue to the centre of the white base card.

On some spare white card, stamp the blossom branch, 12 buds and the words 'Thank you, in black ink.  Trim around the sentiment and add a little black ink to the edges,  then glue it to the centre of the blue circle..

Colour the branch and the flower buds with Promarker Alcohol Pens and cut them out, using the coordinating dies from the free set.

Glue 8 buds to the left edge of the circle and the branch to the right of the circle.   Glue the other 4 buds in each corner of the base card.

Using a black pen and ruler, draw two lines between each of the corner buds.   Using the stencil, draw a smaller circle just beneath each corner bud.

Finally,  draw another circle, (smaller than the large blue circle) around the words  'Thank you.'






 That's all for now folks, have a relaxing Sunday and I will be back again quite soon.   Thanks again for visiting my blog.   Take care and stay safe.

                                                                Love and rainbows,

                                                                Hugs Jennifer xx.


   




2 comments:

  1. This is a very cute clean card Jennifer, love the subtle colours. I don't like this heat either so roll on tomorrow with the promise of some rain here in Liverpool. Won't hold my breath for that to happen though lol. Take care love and huge hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really pretty card Jennifer, cherry blossom is just lovely and the stamp is beautifully coloured up, great layout too.
    We have to have thunder today, around 3pm the weather app told me, well, it's darkened down and the clouds are very thunderous. I do hope you get rain soon, lots of crops getting wasted such a pity. Take care, Kate x

    ReplyDelete