Followers

Tuesday 9 August 2022

'Zinnia.'

Hi there Lovelies, it's me back again.   Hope you are all well, if not, here is a huge hug from me and I hope you feel better soon.    Thank you for your visits,  and comments on my last blog.....all very much appreciated.  

Today I have a card made using some beautiful background papers by Chloe's and the spray stamp, which were both given free with a craft magazine (sorry can't remember which mag)  but was fairly recent I think.   The 'Zinnia' stamp is by Stampendous, which I have had in my craft stash for some years now - just love this stamp lol.     The scroll corner dies are by Creative Expressions but not sure if they are still available, as I've had them for some time too.   I have used Tim Holtz Distress inks to colour the Zinnia flower.   I understand from my flower gardening book, Zinnia's come in a variety of colours - red, purple, yellow, white and quote - ' the attractive green one called Envy.'   So I have coloured mine green lol . 

I have to say, it is fun to go back to my older stamps and dies in my collection, I keep finding stamps and dies which I had forgotten about and just have to use them again.   O.K.  I think I have chatted enough time to talk cards  lol !


Make a five and three quarter inch square card from a sheet of white linen effect card.   Cut out various shapes from three different but co-ordinating patterned papers from Chloe's Bumper pack of papers.   Glue them onto slightly larger pieces of black card.


Die-cut two corners using the Creative Expressions corner dies and glue one to the top right and one to the bottom left of the largest rectangle, and glue this panel to the left side of the white base card.   Next glue the next, slightly smaller panel in position as below.



 Glue the third smaller rectangle in position as below.   Cut two smaller pieces of white card and stamp the small flower spray onto each one, using a black ink pad.   Matt these onto some black card, just slightly larger than the white stamped card.   Glue them in position too.


Stamp the Zinnia flower onto some spare white card, using a black ink pad.   Colour the flower with the Shabby Shutters and and Wild Honey Distress Inks, adding some ink from the pads onto a glass worktop and adding some water, then painting the flower.   Cut out the flower and glue on top of the panels on the base card.



Stamp the 'Get Well' sentiment onto a small piece of white card using black ink and matt it onto a slightly larger piece of black card and glue to the top left of the base card and the card is finished.   Below are a few more close up photos.



 That's all from me for the moment, hope you have  enjoyed your visit to my blog, thank you for stopping by.   Enjoy the rest of the week, stay safe and well.

                                                                      Love and rainbows,

                                                                      Hugs   Jennifer xx.



 




   

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer, just love your card, I am just getting into gardening as my gardener has now retired, so your info on Zinnia's will be helpful. The layers are gorgeous as is the Zinnia and corners. Love and hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. a beautiful card Jennifer, I love that gorgeous bloom and the lovely papers, I love your layout too.
    Sweltering in heat here today, hope your week is going well, Kate x

    ReplyDelete