Followers

Monday 22 June 2020

'Sharing the Magic.'

Hello there Everyone,   Hope you all enjoyed your weekend wherever or whatever you were doing.  I was looking through my files  at all the cards I have made over the years - and there are many lol!  so
I decided to show you one I made way back in about  2007.  

           
I made a base card from a piece of A4 light cream card, trimmed a half inch from one of the long edges, then folded in half.   Using a corner stencil design, (sorry cannot remember the make as it was so long ago now!)  I used an embossing tool and mat to emboss through the design onto each corner of the base card.


   
 I cut out a 3 inch circle from a piece of copy paper and lay the negative left over after cutting out the circle, onto the centre of the base card, approximately an inch and a half from the top of the base card.  I then coloured it with a piece of cut 'n' dry foam and the Big and Juicy, Gumdrop ink pad.   I then stamped the very pretty elves stamp from Lavinia Stamps onto the centre of the coloured circle, using a black ink pad.

                                                                                                     
I added a few dots of glue between the elves and sprinkled a little fine holographic glitter and removed the excess glitter.   I then took a black pen and drew some rooftops at the bottom of the circle.

      
I then stamped eight star shapes using one of my wooden stamps (again, sorry not sure whose stamp it was,  and after looking through all my stamp boxes, still cannot not find it, just so many lol!!!) using a black ink pad.

   
I put a little glue around the edge of the coloured circle and added some pretty blue, looped fibre thread around the circle.

   
Finally I glued a small black, punched circle to each corner of the base card.   When I made this I don't think embossing folders were around then, so any embossing had to be done with an embossing tool on an embossing matt lol!   but there was something very satisfying seeing the end result lol!   Well that's all from me for the moment, so cheerio all until my next blog and take good care of yourselves and be happy.

                                                                Love and rainbows,

                                                                 Hugs   Jennifer xx







            



  
     
               



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous embossing and scene you have created. I love the fairies.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous embossing and design Jennifer.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just so beautiful Jennifer, beautifully designed and a lovely coloured background. Love the elves sprinkling stardust on the village below, love it Kate x x

    ReplyDelete