Followers

Wednesday 1 July 2020

'A Peek into the Magical World of Fairies & Elves.'

Hello Everyone,

Well, it is time for me to share another of my creations with you.    Where do these weeks go to lol!   My card today is another one I made way back in 2007 and has a background  made using waxes and an encaustic iron, a couple of fairy stamps, a small flower and heart punch,  small piece of acetate, black ink pad and a little holographic glitter glue.   Hope you like it.

   
I used a ready made cream card with an oval aperture and I used it landscape style.   I began by adding some white, yellow and gold waxes to my upturned encaustic iron, I  then ran the iron across a piece of smooth, shiny encaustic white card.  I  repeated this until I was happy with the way it looked.   I thought it looked like a good background for fairies, as you probably already know, I adore anything  which features fairies and elves lol!



I stamped the fairy and elf onto a piece of white card using a black ink pad.   I then coloured them in with a black pen, fussy cut them out and glued them to the wax background.   I added a thin little piece of black card to their hands as a flower stem.   I punched out a small flower using a punch which was given free with a craft magazine many years ago (sorry cannot remember which magazine!) and added it to the top of the stem.

     
  
I then cut 5 thin flower stems and glued them to the left side of the oval aperture, punched 5 black flowers and glued them to the stems, adding a touch of glitter glue to the flower centres.

     
  
I then stamped the larger fairy (if I remember correctly, this was one of Michael Bossom's
encaustic art stamps, which I have had for many years), onto a piece of white card, using a black ink pad.   I once again coloured her in with a black pen.   Her wings were stamped onto a piece of acetate using a black Stazon pad, fussy cut out.  The wings from the original stamped fairy were cut off and replaced with the acetate wings and glued to her.

 
She was fixed to the outside of the oval aperture, using a little silicone glue,  as though she was sitting on the edge of the aperture peeking into this magical scene.

  
  
Stamp 'Fairy Wishes' to the top of the card and 'Just for you' to the bottom.   Punch 4 small black hearts and glue one in each corner of the base card.


  
The two open flowers in the centre top and bottom of the base card were made by cutting around the negative, after punching out the small black flowers.



Thank you for all your visits and lovely comments on my last blog post, I do love to read them and they are much appreciated.   Well that's all from me for the moment, take care of yourselves.

                                                              Love and rainbows,

                                                                Hugs   Jennifer xx.










3 comments:

  1. So cute Jennifer, love the oval window and all the adorable fairies.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Jennifer how beautiful your card is. The background is fabulous and the fairy silhouettes are so pretty, a fabulous design too. Hope all is well with you and still managing whatever lockdown you're in, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Jennifer, love the silhouette fairies.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete