How are you all? hope you have had a good week and are enjoying the weekend. The weather here over the last couple of days has been windy and showery. Sunday has a better outlook, so hoping for some sunshine lol! As you may or may not know, Imagination Crafts will once again be on the Hochanda T.V. Show on 16th. August 2016, so tonight I would like to share a 'sneaky peek' at one of my creations, made for the show. I thought I would not use the traditional Christmas colours this time, so I have used the beautiful Topaz Starlight paint which is so rich looking. I also decided to not use many colours on this card, sometimes it is nice to use different shades of the same colour, anyway, I hope you like what I have done.
(1) Fold the ready creased cream card down the centre , making a 7"x7" base card on which to work.
(2) Cut a piece of card six and a half inches square and paint the edges with the Topaz Starlight paint. No
need to paint the whole card, as only the edges will be on show. (Waste not want not lol! we
crafters do not like to waste our precious crafty stash lol!) Matt this onto the base card.
(3) Cut a piece of white card six inches square and paint with the peanut MDF paint and whilst still wet,
skim over the surface with a little topaz Starlight paint, using a paint brush. This gives a lovely
sparkly sheen to the background, which unfortunately, does not show up too well on my photo.
(4) When this is dry, lay the baubles stencil on top and spread the antique bronze Sparkle Medium over
it, using the metal spatula. Remove the stencil and leave the image to dry.
(5) When dry, glue a couple of gold sequins, which have been painted with the Topaz paint and glue
them to the centre of each bauble, then glue a small gem (cut from some diamond wrap), to the
centre of each sequin. Glue another sequin to the bottom right corner of the base card.
(6) Stamp 'Happy Christmas' on the top left using some Topaz paint, the best way to do this, as the
paint dries quite quickly, is to first spray your stamp with a little water, then using a piece of
cut n 'dry foam, dab the paint onto the stamp and finally stamp the greeting onto your card.
(7) Matt this image onto the base card.
(10) Colour some narrow white ribbon with the topaz Starlight paint and leave to dry, the paint firms up
the ribbon and makes firm, neat bows which keep their shape. Tie two bows with the ribbon
and glue one onto each bauble.
Well that's this card finished my friends, hope you like it. I am now working on my next set of samples for Imagination Craft's shows on Hochanda T.V. near the end of this month and I know you are just going to love these new products lol! can't tell you yet but I will show sneaky peeks nearer to the shows.
Please pop back again tomorrow, when I will have another 'sneaky peek' for you. Have a wonderful peaceful, relaxing Sunday, see you soon.
Love and Rainbows,
Crafty Hugs Jennifer xx.