What a glorious day it has been here, hope you have been enjoying some lovely sunshine too, where ever you are. As promised here is another creation I made for Imagination Craft's shows on the Hochanda T.V. Channel today. Great shows and fabulous techniques and demonstrations by our lovely Sue and Lisa B. My hanging was featured on the shows, which was really nice. I will now explain how I made this wall hanging. Please bear with me as this post has many photos of the different stages. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I do hope you enjoy your visit.
Each word is decorated in the same way.
(1) Paint the words back, front and the edges with the chalk white MDF paint. Not sure why but the
white paints looks slightly blue on this photo! it is most definitely white lol!
(2) Cover with stencil medium, added roughly with a metal spatula.
(3) Star die, cut 3 times and painted with Antique Gold Starlight paint, then added to the wet stencil
(4) Colour added to the words with the cobalt and peridot Alchemy Waxes.
(5) Gold Starlight paint spread very lightly over the surface.
(6) Antique gold paint, painted around the edges of each letter.
(7) Die-cut 6 pine branches and paint with the Menthol Starlight paint and add some Peridot Alchemy
(8) Die-cut 3 sets of poinsettias and paint with the Orange Oxidised Starlight paint. Paint the poinsettia
centres with the Antique Gold paint, adding a touch of peridot wax.
(9) The Alder tree cones are from our trees which have fallen to the ground. I painted 3 sets of 3 cones,
using the Antique Gold Starlight paint.
(10) Glue the Alder tree cones, the poinsettias and the pine branches to each word, at the top of each
letter 'O', one slightly to the right, one in the centre and the other to the left.
(10) Thread some emerald green satin ribbon through the holes in each word, joining the words together.
(11) Finally add a ribbon bow to the hanger at the top. All that remains to be done, is to hang it up at
at Christmas lol!
Well I do hope you are still with me lol! I know my post is photo heavy lol! but I do hope you will purchase these products and give this a go. It is such a nice feeling putting up a decoration you have made yourself, rather than an expensive shop bought product, you get so much more satisfaction knowing you have made it.
I'll be back soon, hope you will be too, if I haven't bored you all with all the photos ha! ha! Have a great week.
Love and Rainbows,
Crafty Hugs Jennifer xx.